- Woody Guthrie would be 100 years old this July 14. Celebrate his true American music this summer at an outdoor cookout. Or go to the “This Land Is Your Land” tribute concert on April 14 in Los Angeles and hear Jackson Browne, David Crosby & Graham Nash, Kris Kristofferson and others.
- Martha Rose Shulman prepares Curried Lentil, Rice and Carrot Burgers in a “recipe for health” for The New York Times. Serve “with or without buns, chutney or ketchup and the works.”
- Australia’s Taste.com.au offers a delicious recipe for Spiced Pork Cutlets with Corn & Avocado Salsa.
- Whole Foods does up all-natural beef brisket slowly roasted to perfection alongside carrots, rutabaga, sweet potato and turnip.
- The Georgia Barbecue Hunt hunts up some Texas-style barbecue at Moonies in Flowery Branch, GA,
The Perfect MarinadeCulinary expert Alton Brown has one of the absolute best that will turn your homemade fajitas into an all-time family favorite.
Once you try it you will never go back to store-bought marinade again.