Luxe Horseradish, “Go Fork Yourself,” Free Steak, Truffle-Hunting Dogs, National Grilled Cheese Day Recipes
- The Tasting Table gives a quick thumbs-up to premium horseradish brand ISH, which makes pricey but delectable horseradish blends flavored with beet, citrus, garlic and ginger.
- The Travel Channel’s “Bizarre Foods” host Andrew Zimmern chats with fellow food fanatic and traveler Molly Mogren in their free weekly podcast “Go Fork Yourself,” which you can listen to in iTunes.
- Omaha Steaks allows a daily entry into their drawing for $1000 in free steaks, which they give away quarterly. Better odds than the lottery, we’d guess.
- Serious Eats managing editor “can think of less pleasant pastimes than running around wooded hillsides with spectacular views digging up delicacies together with your trusty pup.” Check out her slide show.
- Yummly, Serious Eats, Chow, and Two Peas & Their Pod all celebrated National Grilled Cheese Day on Monday with some great suggestions for turning the lowly grilled cheese into something uncommonly good.
Posted in Culture, Recipes, Tools